Sunday, May 15, 2011

My first viewing of the Giro & review of phase 1 stage 1-9

My first viewing of the Giro has been more than amazing, i heard so many good things about this historic event but did not think that it would soon be the highlight of my day/week. Due to the time difference here in California i am forced to wake up a lot more early than usually to catch a live event but it has been totally  worth it, a cup of joe in the morning has made this one extra special. Let me start off with the beautiful views throughout italy, it has beenunbelievably beautiful more than i could expect it makes me want to pack my bags and head out already. Now the racing is just on another level the unexpected
stage wins and pink jersey seeming to never want to stay with one rider makes each stage more unpredictable than the last, & let me not forget the insane course's with sharp turns, long descents, switch back climbs, ending with a stage on a volcano that erupted just two days ago, Can it get any crazier??? Word has it as YES! it does. My pick going into the giro was alberto contador who has been pretty quiet through stage 1-7 into he made two of the most amazing attacks that i have seen, in stage 8 which he almost won but had to settle for second and on stage 9 were he won the stage with the pink jersey, just an amazing performance and great ending to phase one of the giro. Tomorrow riders finally get a break to rest & will soon start back up for the next phase stages 10-15.

No comments:

Post a Comment