Saturday, July 2, 2011

1,168 m in 45.0 °C weather = Worst Bonk ever !

So my first ride for the rapha rising didn't go exactly how i thought it would. Within the first hour the sun teamed up with Mt baldy road to destroy me they cracked me like a egg and tried to turn me over easy, as i was on the verge to call it quits early i decided to take a little break to rehydrate and cool off, i soon got right back on my saddle like pancho villa and road right up mt baldy road then up to glendora ridge road at this point it would be half way of what i finished but what i didn't know is that i would soon be out of water. Being a new rider and this being my first summer ride i figured 45oz of water would be good enough well *WRONG* as i started my descent back down i was pretty much in zombie mode. The worst of all i thought i climbed way more than i did the route i chose was not good enough for the climbing so i will be changing my route. On the bright side im still alive and ready to give it another crack.
Rapha Rising day 1 by thewolverine33 at Garmin Connect - Details


                                                                      Gearing up
                                                          loading up on the carbs
                                                       My arch rival. So pretty but yet so mean



No comments:

Post a Comment